1. What information do we collect about you?
When you make a purchase online or over the telephone, or sign up to our newsletter, you will be asked to provide the following information: title, first name, surname, postal address, contact telephone number, email address and payment information. When purchasing online, we also record your IP address. When entering competitions, you may be asked to provide your full name, postal address, contact details and email address.
2. Who is collecting the information?
F & H Wilson T/A Osmonds is the data controller for the personal data. Our registered address is Bradeley Green, Tarporley Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire. SY13 4HD.
3. How is information collected?
Personal information is collected in one or more of the following ways:
• When you register for an account with us
• When you request a catalogue
• When you place an order either by telephone or online, as a guest or registered customer
• When you sign up to receive our newsletters or e-shots
• When you contact us via our website
• When you communicate with us by telephone or email
• When you provide us with your contact details at a show or in our shop
• When you shop in our store, we use CCTV for security monitoring purposes
The information is gathered from a form that you complete, either online or paper, withthe exception of your IP address which is automatically logged by our systems.
4. Why is information being collected?
Our primary legal basis for collecting your personal information is contractual – we need it to carry out the transactions agreed between you and Osmonds. We may also process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, but we will only send you communications if you have given your consent for us to do so. We may also have a legal obligation to share your information for law enforcement purposes, for example to detect, investigate and report fraud or other crimes.
5. How will information be used?
Information we collect about you is used to provide the service and products that you expect from us. We use the information you provide us with as follows:
To respond to queries
To fulfil orders and catalogue requests
To provide you with invoices, statements and (for online customers only) order confirmations by email
To communicate with you
To manage your account
To provide post-sale advice and support for your products
To tell you about new products, offers and events, if you say that’s okay (you can opt out at any time)
To provide you with delivery notifications by email and/or SMS
For fraud screening processes
6. Who is information shared with?
We do not sell your information to anyone and will only share it as outlined in this policy or if you ask us to. We share your information with certain third parties who provide services on our behalf – they only receive the information that they need to carry out that service. Our providers fall into the following categories: • Marketing Companies – We use MailChimp to distribute our e-shots. We gather statistics from them about email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve our communications.
• Fulfilment Companies – We use an external fulfilment house to distribute our postal newsletters. Lifestyle Media Group Ltd can act as a Data Processor and hold your data for the purpose of dispatching our communications to you for as long as is deemed necessary to ensure your brochure order is fully processed.
• Delivery Companies – For you to receive your goods, we work with a number of delivery companies. They will provide notifications by email and/or SMS.
• Payment Processors – We work with trusted third-party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
• IT Companies – We work with businesses who support our website and other business systems If necessary, we may also share your details with debt recovery companies, or if we are required to do so by law.
7. How long is information kept?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need to, to be able to use it for the reasons stated in this policy, and for as long as we are required to by law.For example, we may need to establish, bring or defend legal claims, in which case, your personal information will be kept for 7 years after the date that it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed in Section 5. The only exceptions to this are where:
8. Links to third party websites.
To help you make an informed choice about your purchase, we sometimes provide links to third party websites. We cannot take responsibility for content found on third party sites and we have no control over how they collect your personal data. Third party websites may have their own privacy polices explaining their use of your personal data and you should carefully review those polices before using these websites.
9. How your personal data is protected.
We work closely with third-party services to maintain the security and performance of our site, and therefore the security of your information. We achieve this by using appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption and access restrictions. We ensure our staff are adequately trained in handling and protecting your personal information.
10. Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, as well as the right to amend or update it. You also have the right to object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes, the right to ask us to restrict our use of your personal information and the right to ask us to delete information about you. If you would like to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please email [email protected] or write to us at the following address: Osmonds, Bradeley Green, Tarporley Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire. SY13 4HD.
More information about your rights can be found at www.ico.org.uk, the official website for the Information Commissioners Office in the UK. Complaints about the misuse of data can be directed to the ICO, however we encourage you to contact us before lodging any complaint so that we can seek to resolve the matter for you.
Should you wish to contact us, write to: Data Protection Department, Osmonds, Bradeley Green, Tarporley Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire. SY13 4HD or email [email protected] quoting Data Protection Enquiry.
Revised 06.09.2018 [RB]
This policy is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Osmonds uses them and the choices you have regarding their use.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any of your personal information.
1) To help us track usage patterns so that we can improve and manage our site
2) To allow the site to remember which items are placed in your shopping basket
Which cookies do we use?
Cookies used by our site:
Session ID – This is a temporary cookie used for the duration of your visit to hold information about your transactions while you move from page to page (e.g. when adding products to a basket) and to authenticate who you are.
Session ID – Used to authenticate your ID when you log into your account with us and access a secure payment page.
Are Cookies safe?
Yes – the information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any third parties. For more information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.
Can I turn off cookies?
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.